1. You get to sleep in.
You hear that? It’s the sound of little kids NOT screaming for you to get out of bed and open presents at five a.m.
3. You can go to the movies during church services.
This means you get to enjoy a nearly private screening of “The Wolf of Wall Street” before theaters fill up with people fighting winter colds (yuck).
4. You’re feeling good about your finances.
Guess who didn’t just spend a crap load of money at the mall?
5. Discount NBA tickets are yours for the taking.
Season ticket holders who can’t make it to the game on Christmas Day are trying to unload their seats on StubHub for a fraction of the face value price. Booyah!
6. You’ve got (no) mail.
The lack of new email on Christmas Day means you can finally return all those emails you’ve been meaning to get to.
7. Most Starbucks are open.
And those who aren’t stuck at Grandma’s eating her Christmas fruitcake can pick up a glorious latte without waiting in line!
8. IHOP is open too.
So you can get your Rooty Tooty Fresh N’ Fruity on.
9. You can fly somewhere you’ve been wanting to visit for 20% less than normal.
And the airports are less busy to boot.
10. If you’re working, you’re making bank.
Time and a half for what feels like just about any other work day? Yes, please.
11. The casinos are calling your name.
Casinos are practically empty on Christmas, and hotel rooms are very inexpensive. (Vegas is another story, though.)
12. You can have a blast playing tourist.
Fun tourist spots like Madame Tussauds, Ripley’s Believe it or Not!, and even The Empire State Building are open and less packed than usual.
13. You can watch whatever you want on TV.
Life is good when your nephew isn’t making you watch TBS’s A Christmas Story marathon on ALL. DAY. LONG.
14. Your drunk uncle is at his own house.
Which is way better than yours.
15. You eat the best Chinese food.
December 25th is one of a Chinese restaurant’s busiest days of the year, and most restaurants make it extra fun by offering delicious specials.
16. You can have a relaxed hang with your friend.
For once you can enjoy each other’s company without worrying about all the things you need to get done.