1. Meeting your child for the first time.
It’s truly magical.
2. Late night feedings.
When all of the world is asleep except for you and your baby your heart swells in the most incredible of ways.
3. The first steps.
It’s awe-inspiring to see your child go from a baby blob to an actual, walking person.
4. Holding hands.
There’s nothing quite like that little hand in yours.
5. Coming home.
Seeing your kids shout “Dad!” as they sprint to the front door is the purest of joys.
6. When your child turns to you for comfort.
Being able to right whatever is wrong? Awesome.
7. Sharing ice cream.
It’s so much more than just ice cream.
10. And when they amaze you by excelling at something you never could.
11. Being presented with a special drawing.
12. When they make you laugh.
Kids are freaking hilarious.
13. Enjoying a movie together.
The movies are rarely any good but you don’t care one bit.
14. Watching your child find their star quality.
15. And their competitor within.
Even if it usually happens at an ungodly hour.
16. Sharing something you love.
Introducing your little Robin to Batman (or Star Wars, baseball, rock n’ roll, pizza, etc.) is a thrill.
17. Celebrating the holidays.
You get to experience the magic all over again.
18. When you become your child’s teacher.
19. And, in turn, when they become yours.
20. Watching your child do good for others.
It’s extra gratifying when someone compliments you on what a good kid you have.
21. When your child comes to you for advice.
Especially when you’re able to help them because you’ve been there yourself.
22. Seeing your child become an adult who accomplishes something.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›