Quora users shared their best tips and hacks to be more productive at work:
6. Don’t be afraid to say, “No.”
We often feel like we have to say “yes” to everything at work, but taking on less important tasks that distract you from the important ones is a very bad idea.
8. Manage anxiety.
The best way to do this is by exercising, eating well, and getting enough sleep.
10. Pick up the phone!
I know, I know. No one likes to use the phone anymore, but if it’s going to take two or more emails to hammer out a problem, it’s much more efficient to just make a call.
11. Do the most difficult tasks first.
People often suggest that you start your day by doing the easy tasks, but that often leaves you tackling the hardest tasks when your energy is sapped. Instead, “Eat that frog!” (aka do the most difficult tasks first).
12. Don’t be afraid to do crappy work.
Allowing yourself to write a not-so-great first draft means that you now have something you can shape and edit.
14. Don’t be afraid to learn new things.
Maintaining a willingness to embrace new ideas, regardless of how long you’ve been on the job, means you’ll always have the latest tools to succeed.
18. Interact with your co-workers.
In a healthy work environment they will lift your spirits when you’re discouraged and even help you troubleshoot problems.
You don’t have to do everything yourself. Really.
23. Ignore your email when you’re swamped.
It will ensure you get a good stretch of totally focused work time.
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰