1. Christine Wright Darrisaw, 37, was detained Tuesday in Rochester, NY for allegedly threatening to shoot up a library and making threats against the President.
In July, Darrisaw allegedly told another person at the Rochester Library “My husband has guns. I’m gonna shoot you! I’ll shoot every guy here, and I’ll kill anyone that touches my kids!” According to the State Attorney, she also made reference to President Obama again on that day.
U.S. Attorney William Hochul said Christine Wright Darrisaw, 37, was detained after several recent arrests and run-ins with police.
According to the government motion, Darrisaw was arrested by Rochester police officers for disorderly conduct on July 12. On July 25, a warrant was issued by her arrest after investigators said she entered the Rochester Library, which she is banned from.
3. This is the second time Darrisaw has been arrested for making such threats.
On February 24, 2012, Darrisaw was taken into custody after making a phone call to the White House and saying “I’m going to *expletive* and kill Obama.” The alleged threat was part of a long tirade about child custody laws, according to the White House phone operator, who recognized Darrisaw’s voice from previous calls.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.