1. Embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford sent a letter this week to Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, letting him know that — regarding the Toronto Raptors facing the Brooklyn Nets in the NBA playoffs — it was on:
2. Adams initially wanted to bet Ford a six-pack of beer. Ford, who is in the midst of a seemingly never-ending scandal over his admitted substance abuse, told reporters Monday he would be happy to make a bet with Adams that focused solely on swapping CDs and didn’t include alcohol.
3. Ford was in attendance as the Raptors evened the best-of-7 series with the Nets, 1-1, on Tuesday night in Toronto.
Michael Hayes is a senior reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- President Barack Obama will unveil climate change regulations at a White House event on Monday. The plan is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".