1. Embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford sent a letter this week to Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, letting him know that — regarding the Toronto Raptors facing the Brooklyn Nets in the NBA playoffs — it was on:
2. Adams initially wanted to bet Ford a six-pack of beer. Ford, who is in the midst of a seemingly never-ending scandal over his admitted substance abuse, told reporters Monday he would be happy to make a bet with Adams that focused solely on swapping CDs and didn’t include alcohol.
3. Ford was in attendance as the Raptors evened the best-of-7 series with the Nets, 1-1, on Tuesday night in Toronto.
In The News Today
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›