1. The Associated Press and Iran’s IRNA report that police arrested two people who were seen singing and dancing in the music video for the song “Gole Iran” by Ajam.
2. According to Iran’s official IRNA news agency, Police Chief Col. Rahmatollah Taheri, who called the video “vulgar,” said the YouTube clip features scenes from outside and inside Iran, including the city of Shahroud, where the two were arrested.
6. Ajam is based out of London and describes their sound as Iranian roots music. In an interview with CNN about the song and the World Cup, the band said, “Everyone’s got the right mind-set in Iran right now. Everybody is super ready for the World Cup.”
According to the band’s bio posted on their website, Ajam’s music “tries to bring the epic and soulful spirit of the native music of Iran to a new generation.”
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›