1. Police arrested George Westbrook, 23, of Compton and Lamar Mitchell, 43, of Pasadena for fighting in the line at the Pasadena Apple Store on Friday as hundreds waited outside to get the new iPhone 5C and 5S, The L.A Times reports.
2. It appears at least one fight was caused by a man fighting with people he had hired to stand in line who were upset about their pay, Pasadena police say.
3. Homeless people were picked up last night at a Los Angeles shelter in a van and promised $40 to wait in line overnight for the new phones at the Pasadena store. As fighting broke out, some told police they were not paid what they were promised.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.