1. Police arrested George Westbrook, 23, of Compton and Lamar Mitchell, 43, of Pasadena for fighting in the line at the Pasadena Apple Store on Friday as hundreds waited outside to get the new iPhone 5C and 5S, The L.A Times reports.
2. It appears at least one fight was caused by a man fighting with people he had hired to stand in line who were upset about their pay, Pasadena police say.
3. Homeless people were picked up last night at a Los Angeles shelter in a van and promised $40 to wait in line overnight for the new phones at the Pasadena store. As fighting broke out, some told police they were not paid what they were promised.
Michael Hayes is a senior reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.