1. Neymar will not play Tuesday in the World Cup semifinal vs. Germany after suffering a spinal cord injury in the team’s quarterfinal match vs. Colombia. However, the Brazil star will not be totally absent from the action at Estadio Mineirao.
2. A group of Brazilian ad agencies banded together to produce and hand out 120,000 Neymar masks ahead of Tuesday’s semifinal.
The agencies also created a website where fans can download their own mask and share their support with the hashtag #SOMOSTODOSNEYMAR (We are all Neymar).
4. With Brazil’s fans expected to dominate the stadium stands in Belo Horizonte on Tuesday, the question is: How many Neymars will pack Estadio Mineirao? (The arena holds more than 60,000 people).
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›