1. Then: Dial Up Internet
And it was SLOW, SLOW, SLOW.
For those of you who don’t remember the sound.
2. Then: Hardly any hard-drive space
3. Then: GIFs looked like this.
4. Then: Search looked like this.
Now: Search looks like this.
You’ll be amazed what you can do when friends are part of your search. Only on Bing can you easily see friends (and experts) who know about topics you are searching for and share what you find. On Bing, you’re in control of what you do and don’t want to share on Facebook.
Connect Bing with Facebook and see what you can do when your friends are part of your search.
5. Then: Websites were always under construction.
Now: No more construction, just some clever 404 pages.
(Yeah! It’s the BuzzFeed error page.)
6. Then: Napster
Who knows what viruses you could download?
Now: NO MUSIC (unless you are a jerk)
Or a young tween on Tumblr.
Now: There’s cute baby reaction videos
10. Then: People used the [marquee] the [blink] tag way too liberally.
11. Then: “MOM! GET OFF THE PHONE! I’M TRYING TO INTERNET!!!”
That feeling when someone picks up the phone while you were trying to download something…
Now: All the cat videos (and GIFs) you could ever want.
13. Oh and do you remember animated cursor trails?
14. And annoying pop-ups?
“Congratulations! You’ve won!”
15. And weird online chatrooms?
Where anybody can chat with you!