Oli Scarff / Getty Images
2. The U.S. government requested information on 1,319 Twitter accounts in 902 separate requests from January 1 – June 30, 2013:
3. 56% of all requests received from U.S. law enforcement were done with a subpoena; 23% with a search warrant:
4. 78% of all requests received were from the United States; Japan had the second largest with 8%:
5. Twitter says all affected users are notified unless prohibited by law:
6. Only 19% of U.S. requests resulted in notification to the affected users:
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!