1. Remember when Hey Arnold! was one of your favorite cartoons in the late ’90s?
You know, the show about the kid living in a metropolitan city, dealing with all of the problems that we all had while being in the fourth grade.
2. Get ready to take a trip down memory lane because there were two nuggets you probably missed while watching the show all those years ago.
3. Did you ever notice in the episode “Weighing Harold” that there’s a direct reference to SpongeBob SquarePants?
This episode aired on April 7, 1999, which was about a month before SpongeBob SquarePants debuted its pilot episode on May 1, 1999.
5. In that very same episode, the powers that be over at Nickelodeon hit us with another easter egg: A CatDog reference.
CatDog was on Nickelodeon for about a year before this nugget appeared in “Weighing Harold,” but it’s still cool to see the creators of Hey Arnold! reference other Nicktoons by having them appear in other “worlds.”
6. MIND BLOWN.
It’s OK. Rest up, ’90s kids.
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›