Right now, it’s an incredibly exciting time to be a part of the Harry Potter fandom. Last year, J.K. Rowling announced that she would be at the helm of a new Harry Potter film based on her books Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, as well as Quidditch Through The Ages. Then, it was revealed that a Harry Potter stage play was in the works, so maybe now Rowling will give in and give fans the prequel they’ve always wanted? With a fictitious world full of complex characters and many unexplored realms, why not delve back into the world of Harry Potter?
Here are 17 reasons why a Harry Potter prequel would be phenomenal.
1. More details regarding Voldemort’s rise to power would be wonderful.
Yes, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince does a wonderful job of highlighting the details of Voldemort’s childhood and adolescent years, however, it would be equally thrilling to find out how he went about gathering so many Death Eaters to support his cause for Wizarding World domination.
2. Who was Regulus Arcturus Black, really?
Of course we know he’s Sirius’ brother, but he’s also an unsung hero. How exactly did he find out the true nature of Voldemort’s apparent immortality? Additionally, what was his relationship like with Sirius?
3. What exactly caused Bellatrix Lestrange to go mad?
Admittedly, a stint in Azkaban could potentially make one go a bit insane, it seems that Bellatrix was crazy before entering the prison. Remember, she did torment the Longbottom’s until they went crazy. Was there a significant event that sparked her deranged disposition?
4. Was Dumbledore clairvoyant?
Think about it. If he wasn’t, he truly took some big risks with a few crucial plot points in the novels. For instance, it seems that he kind of knew that the Dursley’s would take Harry in, even though they did not want to. He also had complete faith in Harry that he would somehow find and destroy the remaining Horcruxes. Why have so much faith in a 17-year-old wizard, unless he already knew the end result would be favorable?
5. More details about the original Order of the Phoenix.
Like, we already know who the members of the original Order were, but what kind of successes and/or failures did they have the first time they went up against He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?
6. Did Snape ever attempt to date anyone besides Lily Potter?
Although this isn’t a crucial detail, it would still be interesting to know whether or not Snape pursued other women besides Mrs. Potter.
7. Seriously, what is beyond The Veil?
Honestly, any details on this mysterious object would be greatly appreciated. Had Sirius not been hit with the Avada Kedavra curse before going into the Veil, would he have been able to escape its confines?
8. A deeper understanding of the whole half-blood/pure blood thing.
Obviously the people who were pro pure blood were bigots. But what caused this strange fixation, especially since being half-blood seemed to have no effect on how powerful a witch or wizard could be. For instance, Hermione was the smartest witch in her year yet she was born of non-magical parents.
9. What are the 12 uses of dragons blood?
Because why not?
10. Is the Sorting Hat just an extension of Godric Gryffindor?
We know that the hat anthropomorphic cap belonged to the Hogwarts founder, Godric Gryffindor, but it seems that his thinking cap probably has a multitude of secrets that fans would love to know the origins of.
11. By the time Harry is in his third year, he displays a level of wizardry that rivals that of many adults.
He is able to conjure a Patronus from the the other side of the lake in the midst of him being attacked by Dementors. With that said, does greatness in wizardry just appear without it really being honed? Harry had obviously been taught the incantation by Lupin, but he hadn’t really grasped it during those teachings. A prequel could shed light on anomalies in the Wizarding World.
12. OK. A Remembrall seriously serves no real purpose, right?
You’re sent this object if you’ve forgotten something, but it doesn’t tell you what you’ve forgotten? Did this magical object have another purpose other than its current one?
13. More details about Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs during their Hogwarts days.
We know James was a bit of a jerk in his adolescent years, we know Sirius was handsome and intelligent, we know Peter was a bit shy and we know that Lupin was a recluse, but what was the dynamic of this friendship like?
14. What was everyday life like during the First Wizarding War?
Yes, you could possibly come home and be paralyzed with fear if you saw the Dark Mark lingering above your home, but were people in a state of constant fear? In the books, we know that by the time Harry learns of the Wizarding World people are still recovering from Voldemort’s reign, but it would be great to have even more examples of this terrible time.
15. What becomes of a Phoenix who’s lost its owner?
In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Fawkes leaves in the chapter “Phoenix Lament,” but is there is a specific place that Phoenixes go when their owner dies? Also, it would be great to know how Dumbledore came to acquire such a rare specimen.
16. How exactly did Peter Pettigrew disclose the information to Voldemort regarding Lily and James?
We know that he was the Secret Keeper for Lily and James, however, it’s hard to not see him as a coward, even if he did repay his debt to Harry in Book 7. More information about what Pettigrew was going through during this time would humanize his character. He was a Gryffindor, and he was a loyal friend to Lily, Sirius, James and Lupin for years, so what exactly did Voldemort do to him that made him throw all of that away?
17. More information about Squibs and how they are categorized.
In the novels, there are two squibs that are mentioned: Arabella Figg and Argus Filch. We’re told that these are folks that are non-magical, even though their parents were magical beings. But is there ever an exception to when someone exhibits magical tendencies, even if it is later in life or does every wizard or witch have to demonstrate some type of magical inclination before age 11?
What would you all like to see in a Harry Potter prequel?
- A Lake County police officer was shot and killed by three men during a routine traffic stop in Fox Lake, Illinois. ›
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›