1. You always wanted to make a pilgrimage to Long Island…
2. In your chucks with angsty lyrics written all over them.
3. You’ve been accused of being emo, and you liked it.
6. Your town had one perfect pop-punk band that you thought was totally going to hit it way bigger than they did because their lead singer had a super high voice.
7. You spent a lot of time deciding which of your favorite local bands to friend and put in your top 8 on MySpace.
12. You know the Punk Goes Acoustic version “Letters To You” is way better than the original.
13. And you’ve listened to The Starting Line’s version of “I’m Real” more than J.Lo’s.
14. You can play that one Straylight Run song on the piano, literally the only thing you know how to play. Also, you actually know who Straylight Run is to begin with.
15. You spent a lot of time looking into TBS and Brand New songs for clues about Jesse Lacey and John Nolan’s epic falling out.
16. You remember being disappointed by Patrick Stump’s voice the first time you saw him (but are totally proud he’s worked super hard to sound just like the records today).
17. You know Panic! At The Disco was just a Fall Out Boy dance derivative, but you loved it anyway.
18. You loved Nate Ruess way before fun., when he was the frontman of The Format.
20. You were devastated when you found out that Andrew McMahon had cancer.
21. And you did everything you could to support him through the tough time.
22. When your Victory Records sampler arrived, your week was made.
24. You’re proud to say you remember when Warped Tour was awesome.
27. The only reason you went to Barnes & Noble was to pick up the latest issue of AP.
28. And you were constantly combing the forums of Absolute Punk for the hint of a new release.
29. You used Last.FM when it was still called Audioscrobbler.
30. Your entire closet was full of band merch from Interpunk.
31. And when you were actually at a show, you lived for the merch tables.
- Thousands of rallies for climate change action took place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris.›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›