2. Magnolia was born a few days ago at Musk Ox Farm in Palmer, Alaska.
3. The farm was established as a non-profit organization to give impoverished Alaskan villages the opportunity to knit and sell their wool.
4. Now, Musk Ox babies are usually born in April or May because of how harsh the winters are in that area. I mean, just look at that snow!
5. And here’s a typical springtime scene at the farm. So many babies!
6. Magnolia, on the other hand, was born on September 27th, months after the usual time for babies to be born.
7. This snowy scene was just two days before her birth!
8. By the time she was born, the farm was already closed for the season. Maggie’s arrival made them decide to reopen their doors so visitors could come meet her.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›