1. Glitter-ize the sole
Fashion DIY blogger Tasha Delrae walks you through the steps to get this glittered look.
2. Glitter-ize the heel
11 Eureka suggests this DIY for livening up tired, scuffed heels.
3. Add some sparkle
This Honestly…WTF tutorial give step by step instructions for making your own Miu Miu jeweled heels.
4. Paint on a neon toe
Green Wedding Shoes shows you how to add a bright neon toe to otherwise subdued shoes.
5. Add a burlap toe
R & R Workshop walks you through the process of adding a burlap accent to the toe of a pair of otherwise plain pumps.
6. …or a beaded toe
Trendhunter shows you how to add a textured beaded toe.
7. Color block a chunky heel
Color blocking is in, and this Brit + Co tutorial will get your shoes up to speed.
8. Brighten heels with copper
This tutorial by Bike Prettyexplains how to add some color and shine to a drab heel with a layer of copper tape.
9. …or gold
If the copper isn’t enough for you, WobiSobi details how to use gold leaf for an even classier heel coating.
10. Add flair with fabric
Head over to this Love Maegan tutorial which explains, in incredible detail and with great visuals, how to perfectly coat a pair of boring heels with a fabric of your choice.
11. Toss on a tassel
This update by Made by Lex was inspired by the runway.
12. Substitute a bright lining
Crafty blogger Pattiewack give detailed instructions on adding a new liner and a cute bow to update old heels.
13. Sew on a ruffle
This tutorial for ruffled pumps comes from Lauren Conrad’s website.
14. Pop on a bedazzled bow
Wedding Obsession takes you step by step through the process of creating and adding a bedazzled bow.
15. Attach a transparent ankle strap
A Pair and a Spare teaches you how to add these chic, trasparent ankle straps to an underwhelming pair of heels.
16. Go tribal with ankle bangles
A Pair and a Spare is at it again with this tutorial for tribal tootsies.
17. Add elastic straps
This Short of Something tutorial walks you through adding criss-cross elastic straps to a simple pair of heels.
18. Wrap them up with rope
This tutorial from A Pair & a Spare shows you how to make dull heels pop with a nautical rope ankle wrap.
19. Spice them up with sequins
Atelier 630 walks you through sewing on sequins to add some splash to a tired pair of heels.
20. Add a chain
The Typical House Cat Blog has detailed tutorial on adding a chain-style harness to a simple pair of heels.
21. …or a whole curtain of chains
The folks over at Park & Cube walk you through adding a curtain of chains to trail behind your heels.
22. Get wild with feathers
A Pair and A Spare shows you how to add some flair with a birdie’s hair… or whatever.
24. Class them up with lace
This Craftster tutorial walks you through adding a delicate lace pattern to a worn heel.
25. Up the fun ante with comics
This biterebels tutorial walks you through coating a pair of pumps in your favorite comic.
- A large object discovered Wednesday on the coast of the island of Réunion belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.