1. First and foremost, make it clear that you mean business.
Megaphones are NOT optional. (Neither are helmets.)
2. Move in furniture as soon as possible.
The “Tailgate Couch” is exactly what it sounds like.
3. Bring your TV so you can watch the other games while preparing for yours.
Fantasy football fans will thank you.
4. Get identical uniforms for your entire group.
It’s best if you’re all on the same page.
5. Play jumbo-sized board games to let off some competitive steam.
The stakes just keep getting higher.
6. Ditch that clumpy face paint and upgrade to a flashy airbrush.
Leave no cheek unpainted.
7. If you can fit a portable pool, obviously bring a portable pool.
It might be a long afternoon.
8. Protect your territory with an inflatable football player.
Get an offensive lineman if they’re available.
9. Invest in a tent that’s big enough for an entire team huddle.
No tailgate gets rained out.
10. And if your tent tilts, anchor it down in style.
A football-themed anchor will keep things grounded.
11. If the pregame show is taping nearby and they bring the championship trophy… try to kiss it.
Keep your eye on the prize.
12. And most importantly, be prepared to tailgate anytime, anywhere.
Professionals work around the clock.