1. UPDATED — April 2, 12:12 p.m. ET:
2. Shots were reportedly fired near a campus building known as Bowman Hall on Wednesday around 9 p.m. local time.
3. The shooting suspect was apprehended later Tuesday night off campus.
4. Kent University Assistant Director of New Media Communications tweeted the following report of a shot fired near Bowman Hall. Everyone on campus was told to “shelter in place” after the shots were fired.
5. The shots were fired into the ground, Mansfield said. No injuries were reported.
6. Someone who appeared to be on lockdown at the school posted a Vine of the scene:
7. Others tweeted about shots being fired on campus:
8. Officials said the shooting suspect was a black male wearing basketball shorts and carrying a silver handgun.
9. Campus sirens sounded:
10. Police with weapons drawn were reportedly searching the business administration building on the west side of campus:
- U.S. presidential candidates are making their final pitches before the New Hampshire Primary, the second voting contest of the nominating season 🇺🇸
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.