1. Huge storm clouds in Kan.
Huge storm cloud moving toward Wichita, KS right now (photo: @basehunters) https://t.co/9bcWoIT5OK
2. Image of the tornado in Kan.
BREAKING: Huge tornado spotted southwest of Wichita (photo: @stormpics) https://t.co/dgHhUsu86W
3. There was giant hail in Kan.
Golf ball sized hail falling in Kansas (photo: @goseabrook)
4. And the tornado in Kan. downed power lines.
Photo: Power lines down after tornado moves through Wichita, Kansas - @KWCH12NDBrian http://t.co/4HFlGy5vHl
5. A mile-wide tornado hit Okla.
MILE WIDE tornado heading towards Carney, OK. KFOR telling residents to get underground.
6. A funnel cloud tornado formed.
Funnel cloud Tornado from moments ago in Edmond, OK (pic: @MPrendergastTX)
7. There was also giant hail.
VINE: Huge hail hitting a pool in Oklahoma http://t.co/opyx83mFFm
9. A stovepipe tornado in Shawnee, Okla.
Large stovepipe tornado heading towards Shawnee, OK!! #okwx
10. UPDATE — May 19, 2013, 8:06 p.m. ET: At least 100 homes have also been damaged by the tornado in Okla.
NEW: reports of at least 100 homes damaged or destroyed by #tornado near Lake Thunderbird, OK #OKwx
11. Sheriff in Okla. reports at least one dead and more were injured in a trailer park.
BREAKING: Sheriff: At least 1 dead, more injured in a trailer park in Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma - @news9
12. UPDATE — May 19, 2013, 8:20 p.m. ET: Image of the trailer park destroyed near Shawnee, Okla.
Massive damage at trailer park near Shawnee, OK. Via News9 OKC. #okwx #tornado
13. Overturned semitruck near Shawnee, Okla.
Semis over turned near I-40 and 177 near Shawnee, OK (@jaclyncosgrove)
Another photo of the damage near Shawnee, OK following a very large tornado
15. UPDATE — May 19, 2013, 9:07 p.m. ET: Video of the tornado in Okla. from Live Storms Media.
16. UPDATE — May 19, 2013, 10:50 p.m. ET: Okla. Governor Mary Fallin has declared a state of emergency for 16 counties.
CNN Breaking News
Oklahoma governor declares state of emergency in 16 counties after tornadoes. http://t.co/5UE7BuyJkH
17. UPDATE — May 20, 2013, 12:42 a.m. ET: Authorities say a tornado that severely damaged a mobile home park southeast of Oklahoma City killed a 79-year-old man and injured at least six people who lived in the mobile home park.
SHAWNEE, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a tornado that severely damaged a mobile home park southeast of Oklahoma City killed a 79-year-old man whose body was found in an open area of the neighborhood.
Pottawatomie County Sheriff Mike Booth also said that six people who lived in the mobile home park were injured. Between 30 and 35 homes had significant damage, and number of frame homes in the neighborhood also sustained damage.
- Japan lifted an evacuation order on the small town of Naraha for the first time since the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster. ›
- One person has died and almost 300 have fallen ill due to a salmonella outbreak linked to cucumbers imported from Mexico. ›