2. The mother, Regan, gave birth to two cubs on June 16.
3. One was stillborn, but this little guy made it.
4. Although he was in critical condition, so zookeepers took every precaution to ensure his survival.
5. He has been hand-fed and receives 24-hour care.
6. The cub is now 7 weeks old and eating well, according to his keepers.
7. He is fed four times a day.
8. And now weighs 785 grams.
9. Red pandas typically give birth to litters of four cubs after about four-and-a-half months of pregnancy.
10. Cubs are usually raised by their mothers and stay in the nest until they are 90 days old.
11. Including this birth, ten cubs were born at the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute this year, and seven survived.
12. Overall, more than 100 red pandas have been born at SCBI and 60 of them have survived.
13. Red pandas are considered vulnerable, largely due to habitat loss in their native China, Nepal, and northern Myanmar.
14. About 10,000 red pandas live in the wild.
15. Luckily, this cutie is thriving at SCBI as he receives constant love and attention.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!