1. Video released by the Pentagon shows an airdrop on Aug. 9 with humanitarian aid, mostly food and water.
“This airdrop was conducted from multiple airbases within the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility,” the military said in a statement released along with the videos. “[It] included one C-17 and two C-130 cargo aircraft that together dropped a total of 72 bundles of supplies.”
5. Another video released by the U.S. military appears to show intended recipients of the airdropped containers.
6. The Pentagon released video Friday that showed another airdrop performed on Aug. 7, according to the U.S. Military. Other footage posted to the same YouTube account apparently shows U.S. air strikes carried out on Friday.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.