1. Officials said portions of Interstate 10 were closed around 6:20 p.m.
Trayvon Martin march in LA today took over part of I-10 (@GaryRidesBikes)
2. This was after protesters marched onto the eastbound lanes of Interstate 10 near Arlington Avenue on Sunday.
6. Protesters chant, “Who’s street, our street! Our freeway!”
Marching in all eastbound lanes now. “Who’s street, our street! Our freeway!”
7. The Los Angeles Police Department formed a barricade to stop the protesters.
Oh now I know why they’ve stopped. LAPD has formed barricade.
8. Police officers push back a protester.
9. The protesters were cleared from the Interstate by about 7 p.m., when LAPD officers began firing rubber bullets, reports Los Angeles Times.
LAPD getting ready to shoot protestors with rubber bullets on freeway.
10. One protester was arrested on the freeway.
11. Near the corner of Washington Boulevard and 10th Avenue, some demonstrators threw rocks and D-cell batteries at police, said LAPD Commander Andy Smith.
12. Police responded by firing “less-than-lethal” bean bags.
Laura J. Nelson
Per @anblanx: LAPD says #Justice4Trayvon protestors threw rocks and batteries. Cops say they fired back with “less lethal force”â€”bean bags.
- Venezuela is reporting hospitalizations and three deaths as the Zika virus, which is linked to birth defects, spreads.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate 🇺🇸
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.