UPDATE: Ingrid Loyau-Kennet gave this interview on ITV’s Daybreak in which she describes the moment she confronted the men responsible for the Woolwich terror attack.
2. Talking with the Daily Telegraph, Ingrid Loyau-Kennet described how she first checked the soldier’s pulse and then talked with the soldier’s murderers, distracting them until they were surrounded by the cops.
Being a cub leader I have my first aid so when I saw this guy on the floor I thought it was an accident then I saw the guy was dead and I could not feel any pulse.
And then when I went up there was this black guy with a revolver and a kitchen knife, he had what looked like butcher’s tools and he had a little axe, to cut the bones, and two large knives and he said ‘move off the body’.
So I thought ‘OK, I don’t know what is going on here’ and he was covered with blood. I thought I had better start talking to him before he starts attacking somebody else. I thought these people usually have a message so I said ‘what do you want?’
3. Ingrid Loyau-Kennett’s son Basil went on Twitter to discuss his mom’s heroic actions.
Of all the things today `I didn’t expect a suspected terror attack in my town and my mum, of all people, to talk to the attackers #Woolwich
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?