1. A Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Los Angeles apparently set out tip jars Tuesday for customers to vote with cash for their favorite films starring the late Paul Walker.
Umm, am I crazy, or does this seem exploitive and in poor taste? @CoffeeBeanLA
Actor Jason Biggs spotted the tip jars on Tuesday, calling them “exploitative and in poor taste.” It was not clear where the money collected is intended to go.
3. A Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf spokesperson said they could not release the specific location of the coffee shop “as the matter is still under investigation,” but that the jars had been removed.
“This is completely inconsistent with our brand values and the jars have since been removed. Our thoughts and condolences remain with the many friends and family of Paul Walker during this difficult time. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® would like to thank Jason Biggs for bringing this matter to our attention.”
Walker, the veteran actor who helped anchor the Fast and the Furious franchise and appeared in other hit movies like Joy Ride and Varsity Blues, died in a fiery car crash on Saturday near Los Angeles. He was 40 years old.
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe
- NATO is sending boats to the Aegean Sea to try to help combat the migrant and refugee crisis.
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸