1. A Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Los Angeles apparently set out tip jars Tuesday for customers to vote with cash for their favorite films starring the late Paul Walker.
Umm, am I crazy, or does this seem exploitive and in poor taste? @CoffeeBeanLA
Actor Jason Biggs spotted the tip jars on Tuesday, calling them “exploitative and in poor taste.” It was not clear where the money collected is intended to go.
3. A Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf spokesperson said they could not release the specific location of the coffee shop “as the matter is still under investigation,” but that the jars had been removed.
“This is completely inconsistent with our brand values and the jars have since been removed. Our thoughts and condolences remain with the many friends and family of Paul Walker during this difficult time. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® would like to thank Jason Biggs for bringing this matter to our attention.”
Walker, the veteran actor who helped anchor the Fast and the Furious franchise and appeared in other hit movies like Joy Ride and Varsity Blues, died in a fiery car crash on Saturday near Los Angeles. He was 40 years old.
- Afghan officials are investigating reports that Mullah Mohammed Omar, the leader of the Taliban, is dead.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️