1. The Cleveland Indians actually changed their primary logo in 2014 to the block-C, but the Chief Wahoo logo remains ubiquitous with the team and its gear.
The block-C was made the team’s primary logo in an attempt to place less significance on the controversial mascot.
2. The phenomenon of de-chiefing is not new, but it started gaining momentum in March when fan Dennis Brown posted a jersey with only the outline of the logo remaining.
4. And more people started sharing their photos of de-chiefed fan gear:
6. Eventually a Twitter account emerged for fans “who #DeChief their Indians gear.”
7. The @DeChiefWahoo account gave advice on how to remove the logo:
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️