1. Professor, scientist, and climber John All was doing research in the Himalayas when he fell 70 feet into a crevasse at Mt. Himlung. This video was taken on Monday shortly after the fall.
John All / Via youtube.com
2. All, a 44-year-old geography professor at Western Kentucky University, is an experienced climber. But he broke his arm and several ribs, dislocated his shoulders, and suffered internal bleeding in the fall.
3. After assessing the situation, he decided the only way out was to climb.
4. All climbed slowly sideways for four to five hours before he finally found snow hard enough to support his ice axe. And while the ordeal was extremely difficult, he refused to give up.
5. Eventually he made it to the top of the crevasse, where he was able to connect to Facebook and call for help.
Manager of Video Curation, BuzzFeedVideo.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.