1. Pro Infirmis, a Swiss disability advocacy organization, created this moving video as part of a campaign for International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
2. Here are the models standing proudly with their mannequins:
4. Miss Handicap 2010 Jasmine Rechsteiner, kyphoscoliosis, multiple deformation of the spine.
8. The mannequins were dressed and displayed in store windows on Zurich’s Bahnhofstrasse, the most expensive street for retail property in Europe, and the third most expensive worldwide.
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan acknowledged that American forces mistakenly struck a hospital in Kunduz, killing 22 people. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›