1. It’s a scene we’re all too familiar with. Diamondbacks outfielder Gerardo Parra throws a foul ball into the stands, and a young boy catches it…
2. But, while this makes one kid very happy…
3. A young Diamondbacks fan two rows back immediately becomes inconsolable because he didn’t get the ball.
4. That is, until a kid from a section over swoops in to save the day, handing the sad kid his shiny, newly purchased baseball. The best part… He’s a Giants fan!
5. Giants Fan FTW!!
6. The sad fan is still a little caught off guard, but his dad recognizes the awesomeness of the moment and makes sure to give the young hero a sincere handshake.
7. After watching the whole situation unfold, the Diamondbacks sent a representative down to give the rival fan a new ball of his own. (Notice dad’s proud face).
8. A happy ending thanks to one awesome kid!
9. Watch the entire thing go down…
In The News Today
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Marlon James has won the Man Booker Prize for his Bob Marley-inspired "A Brief History of Seven Killings." It's the first win for a Jamaican ? ›