1. It was 57 degrees outside, but that didn’t stop the snow *or* the smiles.
2. It’s hard for kids to get to experience the magic and wonder of the holiday season when they’re cooped up in a hospital.
3. So the people at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta decided the best way to turn their patients back into regular kids for the day was to give them a winter surprise many had never seen before…
5. The hospital made sure the sudden change in weather was a surprise to everyone, even the doctors and nurses.
6. And once the kids saw the snow outside their hospital windows, no amount of IVs or tubes could keep them from going outside to experience the magic.
8. And even had snowball fights, even though the snow got a little soapy.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The South Carolina Senate voted 37-3 in the first vote to remove the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds. The bill is expected to pass a two-thirds majority in its third reading on Tuesday, then move to the House.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.