1. When Mason Miller found out he would be returning from his tour in Afghanistan early, he decided to surprise his family with a homecoming they’d never forget. After arriving back in Arizona, Mason first headed to the hospital where his dad works.
2. Next, Mason and his dad headed to his sister’s job to surprise her. She was so excited to see her brother, she couldn’t stop hugging him!
3. Finally, Mason, his dad, and his sister all head to the school where his mom works to surprise her. “It has been almost ten months since I have seen my little boy. I have never been more glad to see anyone in my life,” his mom commented on a blog.
4. According to the neighbor that accompanied Mason and filmed the reunions, “After he got back to the house, we all did what he’d been waiting for the whole year – drink a Guinness and go out to In-and-Out Burger.”
In The News Today
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›