1. Your friends and family are sick of you talking about plot ideas.
(Even if they are awesome)
2. You have thought of many gruesome and unique ways to kill people.
Just for book research, of course.
3. You complain about the hardships of writer’s block.
4. You own hundreds of notebooks.
5. The thought of being published makes you both terrified and happy.
6. Coffee is always your best friend when you’re stuck on your next chapter.
Or anything, really.
7. You care more about fictional characters you create than other people.
8. You can never leave the house without a pen/writing utensil.
Dean knows this.
9. And if you forget one…
“Why does this have to happen? WHY?”
10. Your loved ones know when you’re in a “writing” mood.
They know when to leave you to the warm glow of your laptop and an empty Word document. And your snacks.
11. You dream of one day owning your own classic typewriter.
12. You can get a little crazy with critiques.
And you show no mercy.
13. And if some people can’t handle that…
Some people just can’t handle criticism. If it’s good criticism, not just hate.
14. You come up with brilliant ideas, but have no idea how to start them. Then you obsess over it for a few days.
15. You’re a giant procrastinator.
Psst.. We’re all are.
16. If anyone saw your internet search history, they would think you were having a baby because you spent most of your time on baby naming sites.
“MOM! It’s for a story! I swear! I’m not pregnant.”
17. You like to pretend that you’re a famous author already, even if you haven’t even started your second chapter.
You’ll get there!