1. Everywhere you go in the South, people are super polite and friendly.
New Yorkers are like, “Why is that person so nice? Is there something wrong with her?”
2. There is Waffle House.
All the rest of the country has is IHOP.
4. People walk and talk more slowly.
Much. More. Slowly.
5. In the winter, it’s so much warmer than New York.
This photo of South Beach was taken in the month of March.
8. Sometimes you have company on the back nine.
Gotta play it where it lies, man.
12. During presidential elections, this part of the country tends to be a different color.
13. Football (high school, college, and professional) is a big deal.
14. In at least one city, beads tend to be more important than in New York.
If you close your eyes and stick out your tongue, you get beads. Obviously.
15. You have to go (slightly) farther to get to the nearest Starbucks.
“In NYC the density of [Starbucks] locations can reach as high as 150 with a radius of 5 miles!”
16. Cow tipping? It’s a thing.
OK, maybe more of a myth, but people talk about doing it.