1. “You’re right, horse: Newspapers do need paywalls to survive.”
2. “I’m supposed to say that in my speech?”
3. “Global media barons can never have too many yellow T-shirts.”
4. “Not only did will.i.am forget to bring his glasses to the photo shoot, but he’s also wearing a hat. Indoors!”
5. “I’m the chairman of a cash-rich publishing company, you’re goddamned right I get to wear the championship belt.”
6. “If I do this jig, will you edit the Post’s sports section?”
8. “Robert, I gave your company $2.6 billion in cash; put a smile on and drink some OJ.”
9. “OK, Brett, you are better looking than me, but have you ever been on The Simpsons?”
10. “Is there a newspaper in that hut I can buy?”
11. “This is brilliant! Our sales software also uses the inverted pyramid!”
12. “Hmm, how much do you think I can move News Corp’s stock if I just press enter?”
13. “This city is even more forbidden than the U.K. satellite TV market.”
Matthew Zeitlin is a business reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Zeitlin reports on Wall Street and big banks.
Contact Matthew Zeitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories