That’s because it probably has the most meanings—sure you’ve heard of an HDTV, but what about an HD glove? (It exists.) Some alternative definitions below.
1. Basically any HDTV today
What HD means: a 1280×720 (720p) or 1920×1080 (1080p) display
3. Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD
What HD means: a 4.65-inch, 1280 × 720 HD Super AMOLED display
7. Zune HD
What HD means: a 3.3-inch, 480 × 272 display. Also, HD Radio. And sadness.
9. Beats by Dre Solo HD
What HD means: “high definition sound*”
*this literally doesn’t mean anything. They come with a 4.3-foot cable, so maybe it has something to do with that?
11. Michael Jackson the Experience HD
What HD means: the King of Pop lives again, on your non-iPad-HD iPad
12. Blackhawk Men’s S.O.L.A.G. HD Glove with Kevlar
What HD means: “a heavy-duty design ideal for tactical operations” aka assassinating terrorists
14. Swiffer HD Clean
What HD means: “three times cleaner than a traditional broom”
15. Clarins High Definition Body Lift
What HD means: “minimiz[es] the appearance of cellulite”
What HD means: hot dog, as in a hot dog restaurant by Top Chef winner Richard Blais.
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›