1. Say hello to Australian rugby player and all-around beautiful gentleman David Pocock.
2. David plays a bit of rugby, which means he’s usually constantly running around in shorts that barely cover his ginormous thighs.
3. And also in a shirt that looks like it can barely contain his robust arms and chest.
4. In 2010, David won the John Eales Medal, the highest honor in Australian rugby, which is really impressive and means that his whole tiny short and shirt situation was well worth it.
5. Most importantly, though, David is an LGBT ally who’s been an outspoken advocate for marriage equality in Australia.
“I don’t see what the big deal is with the whole gay marriage debate in Australia,” he said. “Being brought up in a Christian home and still identifying as Christian, I get pretty annoyed with the Christian lobbies around the world who say gay marriage destroys the family and all that kind of rubbish… These are the prejudices that you have to challenge and break down.”
6. David has said that he and his partner, Emma, would not marry until gays and lesbians have the same rights in Australia.
7. He’s also taken on Australian politicians face-to-face, confronting one on television for his party’s opposition to marriage equality.
“The biggest thing in this debate is that we’re dealing with people here,” he said. “And how can you blame someone for what they are? People don’t choose their sexuality and we marginalize the LGBTI community for what they are. I think that this is a conversation that needs to be had and that needs to be discussed compassionately and actually come to something that’s reasonable. And in my mind, that’s marriage for everyone.”
8. And, obviously, he’s joined in a new campaign to end homophobia in sports.
9. Of course, besides kicking ass and taking names, David spends his days existing as a beautiful Australian babe.
11. Posing with puny snakes that are probably actually like 10 feet long, but he makes them look super small with his gigantic shoulders.
13. And going to the beach just casually looking like this.
15. Wearing pants that are too big for him.
16. Holding giant vegetables and making suggestive faces.
17. Holding chickens.
18. Growing mustaches.
19. And looking absolutely perfect just walking around in public.
20. He’s also very fond of wearing his tiny shorts all over the place.
21. And also these speedos.
22. Mostly these speedos.
23. David can also carry a bunch of rugby balls at once, which is an incredibly useful skill.
24. He can make this face while stretching.
25. And this face while squatting.
26. And this face while nakedly listening to his friend in the ocean.
27. He can manage to look beautiful just standing around in the grass with his giant calves and arms.
28. And also teasing everybody with his giant flawless stomach.
29. He can totally pull off the “Just standing around in my boxers” look.
30. And also he can totally pull off just pushing on another guy’s legs on the beach.
31. Most importantly, he likes to roam around the beach in a sweatshirt and little Australian speedos thinking about life.
32. *CASUALLY THINKING ABOUT LIFE*
33. *CASUALLY THINKING ABOUT LIFE FROM THE SIDE*
34. *MORE CASUAL THINKING JUST HANGING OUT IN THE OCEAN*
35. [DEEP BREATH]
36. *IS THIS WHAT EVERYBODY IN AUSTRALIA IS WEARING ALL THE TIME?*
37. Anyway… David is beautiful and nice and wants everybody to be equal, even when he’s violently thrashing someone in the water.
38. And he is truly the rugby player of our dreams.
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›