1. There is the beautiful moment when it all begins, when they emerge on stage together for the first time and you see their shining faces, actually there before you, as perfect as you’ve always imagined they would be.
2. There’s the moment when Harry Himself emerges from a burst of fireworks and emotions, his face already glistening with sweat, his curly mane wrapped in a scarf made of Jesus’ robes, his lips ajar, his jaw tight, his cheeks glowing.
3. There’s the moment Louis emerges wearing pants tighter than a black balloon wrapped around two tree trunks, clutching his chest with a gentle firmness, his sweet voice lifting you into a world where every thigh has a home in a skinny jean.
4. There’s the Blesséd Moment when Zayn closes his eyes, his lashes gently tickling the air around his angelic face, grasping the microphone with his slender hands, and letting out a voice so pure, a thousand grown men collectively shed a single tear.
5. There’s the moment Liam steps out in his tight jean shorts and white T-shirt, bringing 85,000 people to screaming tears, his muscles bulging, his voice booming.
6. There’s the moment Niall emerges with his guitar, strumming softly, staring wistfully into the distance with his innocent Irish eyes and cherub cheeks.
7. And then they start to sing, all together for the first time, and you hear them, not through headphones, but directly from their mouths to your ears, their beautiful voices filling your body with Hope and Light and Goodness.
8. There’s the moment when they start dancing in their own beautiful, special, unique ways and you know that after tonight, nothing will be the same, for you have seen the Light and the Way that is One Direction live and in person.
10. There is every slight grin, every exposed arm and chest, every bicep twitch.
11. You will see Louis’s angelic eyes staring off into the distance, basking in the light of a thousand angels smiling down upon his blesséd face.
12. There is Zayn’s absolute perfection when doing absolutely nothing, his mere angelic presence enough to bring even the strongest among us to their knees.
13. There are Harry’s tiny kisses and tiny waves and tiny little faces.
18. The moment when Liam finds a Miley Cyrus mask on stage and Zayn smiles his angelic model smile.
19. There’s the moment when Niall puts a giant banana gently against Harry’s sweet cheeks.
20. And the moment when nature itself cannot believe it is here seeing One Direction live and thrusts itself into Louis’ boob, before flying away, forever changed, having seen The Light.
21. There is the moment when Liam and Niall become one.
22. There is every beautiful, majestic, graceful Harry Styles dance move, executed with the elegance of a nimble gazelle running softly through a hushed forest.
23. There is every single moment Louis and Zayn’s faces become close.
24. There’s the moment when Zayn’s high note literally stops time, when Earth stops spinning, trees stop growing, rain stops falling, and in that moment, all is pure and good and simple in the world.
25. There’s the life-changing moment when Harry puts literally anything in between his legs.
26. There’s the moment when Harry’s voice simply takes Zayn and Niall’s breath away.
29. There is the Blesséd Moment when Harry feasts on his banana and dances ever so slightly, never letting a simple bite of potassium take him down.
31. When Louis’ voice is so angelic and perfect that he physically leaves himself, transcends his own body, his own tight jeans and rises above to a better place.
35. There is the moment when Niall, sweet sweet Irish Niall, rockets from his earthly presence and flies into the sky, blessing the very air around him, bringing Light and Joy to darkness.
36. There is the moment when Harry turns into an actual human volcano of elegance and grace.
37. There is every single beautiful Westside hand signal.
39. There is the moment when Niall gently caresses himself and you can hear, far off in the distance, a whale-like groan coming from my lifeless husk of a body.
40. There is the moment when Zayn strums a balloon guitar, making a face that physically stops hearts from beating.
41. There is the moment when Louis adjusts his wedgie and angels begin to softly weep.
42. There is the earthquake-inducing, tectonic plate-shifting, glass-shattering, life-destroying moment in which Harry grabs himself and the world trembles, physically quivers beneath your feet.
46. And every moment when any one of them looks into your eyes, or out into the crowd, and lets out his beautiful voice, lifting you up, changing your very existence in that one beautiful moment, reassuring you that life after this day will never be the same.
In The News Today
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›