1. This is Barnsley
Let’s be honest it has a bad reputation. This photo sums up the modern Barnsley. It has our history (the town hall and mining equipment) and our future. Modern housing to the far left (Gateway Plaza) and the metrodome to the right.
4. The Town Hall fountains are pretty good too
6. We also have some fantastic countryside
Shot in Grimethorpe Barnsley
7. See, stunning!
Taken on the nature reserve between Great Houghton and Grimethorpe replacing the “tips”
8. We haven’t totally left our industrial heritage behind however
The glass factory is still in production
9. Despite being a little industrial it’s still a beautiful place
10. We also have some highland cows if you know where to look
11. Locke Park is also a great place to spend the afternoon or evening
16. So is new industry
Barnsley Digital Media Center
17. We also have one of the best colleges in the country
Ofsted gave it the highest grade possible for a further education college