1. People become obsessed with pumpkins in October. But pumpkins aren’t the only orange fruit in town.
2. The benefits of cooking with cantaloupe are numerous. First and foremost, removing the seeds is just plain easy…
4. 1. And something magical happens when you cook it. Take this basic roasted cantaloupe for instance
The edges turn crispy, while the inside becomes warm and super sweet. Roasted cantaloupe is delicious as a snack on it’s own, but you can do many other things with it.
6. 3. Or toss it with roasted corn and sage, along with balsamic vinegar
It’s not your grandmother’s fruit salad! Recipe here.
7. 4. Roasted cantaloupe is also great in potato salad
With soy chorizo and parsley.
8. 5. Or blended and frozen into creamy ice pops
Detailed instructions here.
9. 6. Got time for roasted cantaloupe lemon and thyme cookies?
11. 8. Speaking of cakes, don’t afraid to be bunt
Chop up cantaloupe into bunt cake recipe.
13. 10. Impress your friends with a cantaloupe risotto
Check out the recipe here.
14. 11. One bite of this cantaloupe cream pie will have you saying, “pumpkin who?”
Get the recipe here.
15. 12. You’ll never look at a lemon the same way after trying a cantaloupe meringue pie
Get the recipe here.
16. 13. Cantaloupe is great in a bisque
17. 14. Or in a chilled soup with ginger yogurt and a pomegranate swirl
Check out the delicious recipe here.
18. 15. Pair cantaloupe with pears
Cantaloupe and pear are the perfect pair, especially with this tart.
19. 16. Divine cantaloupe cookies with a lime drizzle
20. 17. Slice me a piece of that cantaloupe bread baby!
Want a full loaf? Make your own.
21. 18. How about cantaloupe and basil shaved ice?
If you want to feel fancy you can call it a “granita.”
22. 19. Grill cantaloupe and pair it with any number of items. Like shrimp scampi…
25. 22. Grilled cantaloup is also good with just a drizzle of honey and goat cheese
26. 23. Or just paired with a scoop of ice cream
28. 25. You could cook down your cantaloupe and create a creamy pasta sauce
30. 27. No need for The Captain with this cantaloupe crunch
31. 28. You can even make all natural treats for your dog with cantaloupe, honey, and oats
Get the full recipe here.
32. 29. And don’t throw away your cantaloupe seeds, you can roast them too!
Learn how here.