1. Prime Minister Tony Abbott has used a speech at The Australian’s 50th birthday party on Tuesday night to give his opinion about the media and journalism.
3. Mr Abbott continued in a similar vein throughout the speech, recalling fond memories for the Murdoch-controlled newspaper.
4. It prompted some journalists from competing organisations to take Twitter with concerns about the pandering.
7. He toasted the room and then joined Murdoch and former Prime Ministers Paul Keating and John Howard for the remainder of the night.
8. And of course, no expenses were spared.
9. There were some who thought the whole idea, including #oz50 hashtag was a joke.
10. And others didn’t miss the chance to take the piss.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›