1. Katie Noonan performed an ethereal version of The Seekers’ classic “I Am Australian” at the Flight MH17 memorial at St Patrick’s Cathedral in Melbourne on Thursday.
2. There was not a dry eye in the house. Noonan also performed “Even When I’m Sleeping” with Leonardo’s Bride.
3. Earlier, prime minister Tony Abbott paid tribute to the 38 Australian citizens and residents who died in the plane crash, ending his emotional speech with a quote from Australian poet Dorothea Mackellar.
4. And the victims’ families took turns placing sprigs of wattle on a six-foot wreath at the altar.
7. Governor-general Sir Peter Cosgrove also thanked The Netherlands for its help investigating the MH17 crash site, and paid tribute to the Australians working hard overseas to find out how the plane went down last month.
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲 ›