1. George Newhouse, the lawyer at the centre of the High Court challenge into the returning of Sri Lankan asylum seekers, has taken to Facebook to rant against Labor’s immigration policies.
Mr Newhouse stood as the ALP candidate for the Sydney seat of Wentworth at the 2007 election. He was defeated by Malcolm Turnbull.
2. His rant focuses on Labor Immigration Spokesman Richard Marles and senior member Jason Clare.
3. (Both stand-by the former Labor Government’s approach to asylum seekers, including offshore processing.)
4. And of course former Foreign Minister and NSW Premier Bob Carr.
5. The rant was posted to Mr Newhouse’s Facebook page in response to an article in The Australian.
6. It’s not the first time Mr Newhouse has asked not to be linked to Labor’s asylum seeker policy.
7. And the rant is a snapshot of the rage from progressives towards the ALP on asylum seekers.
11. BuzzFeed Oz has asked Mr Newhouse for comment.
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›