1. Education Minister Christopher Pyne has been the target of some hot attacks in his time, but in Melbourne today students angry about proposed higher education changes set him on fire.
2. Except that he wouldn’t stay alight. Leading to one of the students directly applying more lighter fluid. But it just wouldn’t work.
3. Another student decided it was enough and poured some cold water on the effigy idea.
4. And there he was, smiling back….
6. The national protests dubbed “National Day of Action” included a demonstration in Sydney with another effigy.
7. Regardless, Mr Pyne couldn’t resist uploading the failed burning man experiment to Facebook with the simple: “#ohdear”.
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.
- An order from the U.S. Supreme Court means Texas abortion clinics affected by a new state law can stay open while the law is challenged.
- Transgender women can be housed in women's immigrant detention facilities under new guidelines issued today.