1. Education Minister Christopher Pyne has been the target of some hot attacks in his time, but in Melbourne today students angry about proposed higher education changes set him on fire.
2. Except that he wouldn’t stay alight. Leading to one of the students directly applying more lighter fluid. But it just wouldn’t work.
3. Another student decided it was enough and poured some cold water on the effigy idea.
4. And there he was, smiling back….
6. The national protests dubbed “National Day of Action” included a demonstration in Sydney with another effigy.
7. Regardless, Mr Pyne couldn’t resist uploading the failed burning man experiment to Facebook with the simple: “#ohdear”.
Mark Di Stefano is a breaking news reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Red Bull apologized for posting a video of people in blackface chasing a banana.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.