1. Education Minister Christopher Pyne has been the target of some hot attacks in his time, but in Melbourne today students angry about proposed higher education changes set him on fire.
2. Except that he wouldn’t stay alight. Leading to one of the students directly applying more lighter fluid. But it just wouldn’t work.
3. Another student decided it was enough and poured some cold water on the effigy idea.
4. And there he was, smiling back….
6. The national protests dubbed “National Day of Action” included a demonstration in Sydney with another effigy.
7. Regardless, Mr Pyne couldn’t resist uploading the failed burning man experiment to Facebook with the simple: “#ohdear”.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›