1. The Senate has just refused the Government’s wish to axe the Carbon Tax. Here is kind of why.
As you can see it’s a shambles…
2. Mr Palmer’s “demands” were reportedly not met… and the PUP’s three senators joined with Motoring Enthusiast Ricky Muir, sinking the vote 37 - 35.
3. Greens Senator Scott Ludlam observed the scenes in the chamber.
5. Australian political oracle Antony Green made the point, the Government may have been counting its chickens instead of its votes.
6. But now the Prime Minister has a second “trigger” to call a double dissolution. And two years ago he said this.
7. It could all be avoided if Clive Palmer agrees early next week to vote with the Government.
Mark Di Stefano is a breaking news reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.