Meet Canadian Camille Leblanc-Bazinet who has been crowned “Fittest Woman on Earth” after winning the 2014 CrossFit Games in California.
The grueling event involves high intensity swims, power lifting and sprints.
1. It’s her first title since entering the annual event in 2010.
2. She’s a 25-year-old student at Sherbrooke University in Canada.
5. She eats *a lot* of food. Like regularly has five eggs for breakfast.
7. She can straight lift twice her bodyweight. This is 260 pounds.
9. Her hands are torn to shreds because of all that lifting.
10. One of her mottos is “strong is the new skinny” telling National Post: “There’s this huge movement… women are just so proud of feeling strong. It’s wonderful to see that.”
11. Her husband is fellow CrossFit athlete Dave Lipson.
12. She’s now a Canadian national hero. Move over hockey players.
13. Camille has the greatest life philosophy.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›