Meet Canadian Camille Leblanc-Bazinet who has been crowned “Fittest Woman on Earth” after winning the 2014 CrossFit Games in California.
The grueling event involves high intensity swims, power lifting and sprints.
1. It’s her first title since entering the annual event in 2010.
2. She’s a 25-year-old student at Sherbrooke University in Canada.
5. She eats *a lot* of food. Like regularly has five eggs for breakfast.
7. She can straight lift twice her bodyweight. This is 260 pounds.
9. Her hands are torn to shreds because of all that lifting.
10. One of her mottos is “strong is the new skinny” telling National Post: “There’s this huge movement… women are just so proud of feeling strong. It’s wonderful to see that.”
12. She’s now a Canadian national hero. Move over hockey players.
13. Camille has the greatest life philosophy.
Mark Di Stefano is a political editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney, Australia.
In The News Today
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›