2. When a former classmate applies to the same position as you.
3. When you realize there was a typo in the email you just sent to a potential employer.
4. Or even worse, when you realize you didn’t change the name of the company in your cover letter.
5. When your classmates post pictures of their new workplace on Facebook.
7. When you end up applying to an unpaid internship.
Or to some poorly paid part-time position where the salary won’t even cover your rent.
8. When the recruiter of the internship rejects your application because of your “lack of experience.”
How the fuck are we supposed to get some experience if nobody lets us work in the first place?
9. When someone tells you: “I don’t understand how you can end up unemployed with all the money you spent on your degree!”
Well, neither can I so there is no need to rub salt in the wound.
10. When someone asks you if you’re really trying everything to get a job.
I’ve tried everything within the boundaries of the law. Any other suggestion?
11. “Maybe you should lower your expectations?”
They can’t really get any lower than they are right now.
12. When you’re waiting to hear from a potential employer.
14. When you get rejected after THREE FUCKING INTERVIEWS.
And you had invested all of your money in a professional-looking outfit for the occasion.
15. When you receive a template rejection email.
At least they “wish you the best in your future endeavors.”