3. Cameroon’s national team is nicknamed “les Lions Indomptables” (the Indomitable Lions).
4. This is Cameroon’s 7th FIFA World Cup appearance.
They are the most selected African team in the history of the World Cup.
5. In 1990, they beat Argentina in the opening game and became the first African team to make it to the quarterfinals in a FIFA World Cup.
Legendary player Roger Milla was part of the team.
6. Today, their team is not as great as it was back then, but it still has a lot to offer.
7. To begin with, they have Samuel Eto’o, one of the greatest players of his generation.
Eto’o now plays with Chelsea. When he was playing with Barcelona, he scored more than 100 goals in five seasons. In 2011, he was the World’s most expensive player.
9. Their coach is Volker Finke who was the coach of SC Freiburg during 16 years.
10. They got a tough draft for the World Cup and will be part of the very strong Group A, along with Brazil, Mexico and Croatia.
Their first game is on Friday. They’ll play against Mexico.