This is S Club 7.
Manager Simon Fuller created S Club 7 in 1997 after being fired by the Spice Girls. They were a super awesome happy fun pop group from the U.K.
1. Their career began when the septet acted in a popular BBC television program called Miami 7.
The year was 1998. England, for whatever reason, was obsessed with sunshine and beaches and stuff (the MTV Springbreak generation, if you will.) It was popular, but only lasted until 1999.
2. Then they made a bunch of really weird/totally amazing movies.
Pretty sure no one saw them but like, Seeing Double, was great and totally illuminati-themed because the government created ANOTHER (evil) S Club 7 and if you do the math that makes them SS Club14.
3. And the song “Bring It All Back” Happened.
The world became obsessed. Seriously, such an amazing tune! It’s all sunshine and rainbows and happiness.
4. So they became the best English pop group of the early ’00s.
Look at how much fun they’re having!!
5. They’re basically the power rangers.
There were seven of them, they usually wore different colors and kids loved to watch them. Logic!
7. Teenagers and High School Teachers loved them, too!
How could you not?
8. This sort of looks like an ad for a small liberal arts college but, like, in the best way?
Teach me your ways, 7.
9. Pretty sure the “S” stands for SERIOUSLY AWESOME.
Other alternatives include super cool, sweet and saucy.
10. S Club 7 is so cool, they can casually stroll on a runaway without getting ushered away by security.
Oh no. And note that they are NOT walking to a private plane. They’re just like you and me, really.
11. They were egoless unlike these JERKS:
Love ya, Spice Girls, but move over. There’s a new crew in town.
12. They kept it simple.
What more do you need to know? It’s all about the seven.
13. There are gems of life advice littered in their lyrics.
I have something to believe in! There’s positivity everywhere!
14. They could party!
Safe partying because I’m not really sure what’s happening here, but it looks so FUN.
15. And they were incredible dancers.
Notice the fish head/helmet guy on the far right.
16. Expertly choreographed moves!
You try and do this with seven of your closest buds.
17. Look how adorable they are!
This would literally be the most annoying thing in the world if it wasn’t S Club doing it, and doing it well.
20. They had a billion of these fanzine things dedicated to them.
All of the secrets revealed! (The secret was always that they rule… which is not a secret.)
22. They’re award winning!
I don’t know what that award is, but I’m pretty sure it’s for being English and awesome.
25. Just look at them at the beach!
S Club 7 were so “No New Friends” before DJ Khaled, Drake, Rick Ross and Lil Wayne.