1. Jarvis Cocker of Pulp
Note how Jarvis slightly grazes the side of his right brow, enticing you in with the point of a finger…before he turns. What an eyebrow tease!
2. Damon Albarn of Blur
The Britpop war of the ’90s didn’t extend exclusively to the music of Blur and Oasis…but also to brows. If the delicate hairs are supposed to showcase human emotion, here the frontman expresses a melancholic sensuality with HARDLY ANY MOVEMENT.
3. Liam Gallagher of Oasis
The other dreamy Brit on the list (there are so many!), Gallagher wanted nothing more than Oasis to be the next Beatles, which is totally OK because does that guy have some George Harrison-level brows or what?!
4. Michael Stipe of R.E.M.
Godfather of college-radio indie, mastermind of R.E.M., and all-around cool guy Michael Stipe can do no wrong…and was born with flawless eyebrows. I mean, just look at them: effortless perfection.
5. Bill Berry of R.E.M.
If you Google “Bill Berry,” you’ll find “eyebrow” and “unibrow” appear before “drummer.” With good reason: This dude is a forehead carpet’s best friend.
6. Justine Frischmann of Elastica
Every cool indie-rock boy in the ’90s had a crush on Justine from Elastica, and I truly hope it was 87%, because she has some of the best eyebrows of all time: thick arches that are basically the face version of, like, scenic mountain ranges or something.
7. Guy Picciotto of Fugazi / Rites of Spring
In the same way you can’t talk about D.C. music without mentioning Dischord Records, you can’t talk about indie rock eyebrows with talking about Guy Picciotto. I’m pretty sure you could lose something in those beautifully un-manicured forests of total human perfection.
8. Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth
Another goddess from Planet Alt-Rock, Kim Gordon, whose blacker-than-black brows sit below tufts of golden blonde hair, a brilliant juxtaposition that makes me wish I had thicker eyebrows. And musical talent.
9. Gavin Rossdale of Bush
He looks so cool and introspective, like the words he’s singing move right through you, piercing your soul. But is it really found in the power of Bush lyrics? No, it’s not. It’s the eyebrows. Think about it.
10. Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails
One word: SHYBROWS.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued several marriage licenses to same-sex couples today. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›