TLC closed out Mixtape Festival this weekend with their 1999 hit, “No Scrubs,” inviting rapper Lil Mama onstage for Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes’ verse. Mama will play the late starlet in an upcoming VH1 biopic on the band, CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story. The trailer is available here. The group even dedicated “Waterfalls,” to their late member, Chili instructing the crowd, “If you have a lighter or a cell phone, iPads, computers, whatever you got, light it up. This is dedicated to Lisa, to Left Eye.”
3. You can watch the “No Scrubs” performance here.
Lil Mama makes her appearance around the 2:40 mark.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️