This is Trent Lane.
On the popular late ’90s MTV program Daria, Trent plays Daria’s best friend Jane’s attractive older brother. For the first three seasons Daria has a crush on Trent, one which he is largely unaware of. The two never get together but have some killer music-related adventures.
This is Trent Reznor.
He’s the genius frontman of industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails. He’s won a billion awards for it and is basically a god to all mall goths.
They also sort of look the same? Listen, there’s no way the creators of Daria weren’t inspired by Reznor.
Which is obviously a reference to the NIN album “Downward Spiral.”
There is no way this is coincidence.
The above lyrics are from Nine Inch Nails’ “Hurt.”
6. They share an interest in dark and brooding things, like space.
But let’s be real here, Reznor is obviously the better lyricist. That doesn’t mean they don’t have things in common!
There’s a big black hole
Gonna eat me up someday
Someday fades away
Like a memory
Or a place that you’d rather be
Some place lost in space
Itch in my head, that’s telling me somewhere
Somewhere out there anywhere
I don’t care
Get me out of here
7. They both possess the uncanny ability to be both alternative and totally swoon worthy.
I feel you, Daria.
If you were even vaguely goth in the ’90s, this was your crush. Fact.
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›
- The fingerprints of the main suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok shrine blast match those found on bomb-making material, Thai police say. ›