1. Decide the level of your bad mood on a scale of 1 – 10 (1 being irritated and 10 is looking for a heavy object)
2. Ask your self what triggered the mood. Maybe you didn’t get enough sleep, or you argued with your partner.
3. Focus on exactly what happened. Then decide if you are distorting, deleting or generalising the facts.
4. Now score your mood again. Hopefully it will be lower.
5. Take a deep breath and make a conscious decision to smile through the rest of the day.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!